[Spark2014-discuss] [M122-037] [Spark2014] aspect to identify code that is in/out of SPARK 2014

Yannick Moy moy at adacore.com
Mon Jan 28 09:51:10 CET 2013

On 01/26/2013 03:44 PM, Cyrille Comar wrote:

> Definitely needs more discussion since I don't see a viable alternative.
> Could you point me to a trace of the discussion explaining what 'people'
> found 'not appropriate'?

We only discussed it live during the weekly SPARK language design
meeting, and maybe I did not explain the proposal well enough to
convince others. We've now had this discussion by email, and the main
argument against the SPARK aspect seems to be that it is not flexible
enough to allow hiding exception handlers. If we agree that this form of
hiding is not desirable, is there any other reason not to adopt a SPARK
aspect to denote which declarations are in SPARK?

Please let us know before tomorrow, so that we can discuss it during the
weekly meeting.
--
Yannick Moy, Senior Software Engineer, AdaCore